Intraday Insights is the wholly owned brand name of The SEPA Consultancy Limited (TSCL). TSCL was launched at SIBOS, Copenhagen, in 2005 by Ashley Dowson, Chairman, and Darrell Fielding, Managing Director, in order to provide a specialised consulting service to banks and their partners in the area of payments and transaction banking. Ashley had previously spent the last 13 years working in senior treasury roles in Barclays Bank and in this capacity was a leading figure in the formation of Euro1 payment system and the development of the Euro Banking Association (EBA)
Initially, as the original business name suggests, TSCL’s focus was predominantly upon helping clients to understand and respond to the significant challenges in moving to a Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA). However in more recent years as SEPA has become more embedded and operational, TSCL’s business focus has shifted to concentrate more on the challenges faced by banks post the 2008 global financial crisis in managing their liquidity risk and particularly in the area of intraday liquidity. This shift in focus led us to rebrand TSCL as Intraday Insights
An important additional strand of our work over the last 8 years has been to work in partnership with the Euro Banking Association to provide educational services in the form of annual Winter and Summer Schools plus a number of specialist seminars. Intraday Insights has project managed these themed events on behalf of the EBA, bringing together a faculty of widely-drawn specialist speakers with senior level participants from EBA’s member organisations (European Banks and their partners) with Ashley acting as the Chair for all activities. Topical themes covered have included Liquidity Management, SEPA & PSD challenges, Financial Supply Chain, Mobile Transactions and Real Time Payments
Since 2011, as a business we have majored on intraday liquidity management including the following important developments:
- The design, development and launch of an Intraday Liquidity Simulator – a stand alone computer based simulation of a typical bank’s (or customer’s) daily intraday liquidity flows, used for education and awareness raising and increasingly for modeling a bank’s own intraday flows in order identify inefficient deployment of daily liquidity. Compliance with BCBS 248 is also assisted with the Simulator’s output and modeling capability.
- Strategic partnerships with leading market providers such as Accenture, IBM and ACI to support their work with leading banks and their customers in the area of intraday liquidity management
- The extension of our portfolio of product offerings and insights aimed at helping clients address many of the regulatory and compliance issues associated with intraday liquidity management
- The strengthening of our network of Associates to increase our capacity and expertise to manage complex client projects of work on all intraday liquidity issues.
- A regular quarterly newsletter providing all our contacts with regular insights on trends, developments and practical examples based upon our most recent ongoing client work
Intraday Insights is proud to acknowledge that it has become a supplier of choice for many of the leading banks in Europe, the US and Australasia. If you wish to know more about our ongoing client work and how we might be able to help your organisation please contact us for an initial discussion.